This is deload week. A chance to let the body recover and adapt to all the stimulus it has been subjected to over the last four weeks. This week will see a lot of light ‘skill’ work and a lot of structural work to chip away at any imbalances. The conditioning is largely aerobic in nature and should be completed in a low stress state. A lot of sweating, but no wheezing or groaning!
Next week is test week where we will re-assess some of the previous tests and set some new benchmarks for the Accummulation II phase through July. Test week will be tough. You should be totally refreshed and raring to go next Monday after this deload week.
20 minutes + on snatch mobility, skills and drills
Snatch; Progressive sets up to 70% snatch 1RM
1. Rear Foot Elevated Split Squat; 6 reps each leg
2. Single Arm Bent Over Row; 6 reps each arm
3. Deficit Press-ups; 12-15 reps
1. Weighted Plank; 20 sec; 6 rounds; Progressive
2. GHD Extension; 10 reps; 6 rounds; Progressive
10 Front Squats @ 50% of 1RM front squat
Rest 60 sec
– Session Focus: Snatch/Strength Imbalances
– Rear foot elevated split squat: hold KB in each hand or use barbell as in video (www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO1Im9EvAtA)
– Bent over row: use bench for support
– Front squats should be easy but controlled. Drill perfect technique.